800g chopped boneless beef rib
2 cups diced onion.
2 cups diced celery
1 cup diced carrot
1/5 cup diced garlic
2 tbsp flour
3 bay leaves
750 cc full bottle of red wine
2 cups madeira wine
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups beef bouillon (similar beef stock)
1. Put diced vegetable into a Tupperware and pour wine to cover all the ingredients.
Store it in the refrigerator for marinade over night.
2. Take meat and vegetables out from Tupperware and pour the wine into a pot.
Boil it and skim the scum.
3. Sauté the marinated vegetables.
Add flour to the vegetables and stir well.
4. Sauté the marinated beef lightly.
5. Put sautéd vegetables, beef and bay leaves into the wine in the pot.
Stew them more than 2 hours.
6. Take vegetables and bay leaves from the pot.
Add beef bouillon and maple syrup to the pot.
7. Stew them until the wine sauce gets thick.